Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I get a free estimate?
- I’ve received the estimate and would like to move forward. What do I do?
- What time will the technicians arrive?
- When the job is complete who do I give the final payment to?
- What areas do you service?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you provide a warranty on your work?
- What is the difference between Synthetic Stucco or EIFS and Real Stucco?
How do I get a free estimate?
1. Call D.L. Boyd, Inc.’s toll free number and speak with one of our friendly ladies in the office or use our Free Estimate Form and we will contact you shortly. Our estimating schedule is Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Because of the varying traffic in the DC/Baltimore Metro area we schedule our estimates in 2 hour blocks. So if you were to schedule an 8:00 am – 10:00 am appointment you could expect our estimator to arrive sometime between those hours.
2. Once our estimator has met with you, looked over the work, and taken measurements he will use that information to work up a Estimate/Proposal for you which will contain a detailed Scope Of Work along with the cost of the work. This can be delivered to you via e-mail, fax, or USPS. Depending on your preferred method of delivery, you can expect to receive your estimate within one week of our estimator’s visit.
I’ve received the estimate and would like to move forward. What do I do?
Sign and date your copy of the Estimate/Proposal and mail a check to D.L. Boyd, Inc for 1/3 of the total cost. When this is received we will contact you and schedule a date to begin the work that is convenient for you.
What time will the technicians arrive?
Our typical arrival time is between 9:00 – 9:30 A.M. However, we do have some flexibility and we will try to accommodate your schedule to the best of our abilities.
When the job is complete who do I give the final payment to?
Final payment may be given to the on-site technician. He will provide you with a receipt and turn the payment into our office with the rest of his paperwork for that day.
What areas do you service?
Due to popular demand our service area has grown to cover much of Northern Virginia, Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Maryland. Here is a list of some of the major cities we cover:
- Silver Spring
- Takoma Park
- College Park
- Chevy Chase
- Severna Park
- Glen Echo
- Oxon Hill
- College Park
- Baltimore City
- Ellicott City
- Owings Mills
- Mount Washington
- Falls Church
- Seven Corners
- Great Falls
- Entire City
Are you licensed and insured?
Yes. D.L. Boyd, Inc is fully licensed and insured for your protection
How long have you been in business?
We have been in business since 1930. To learn more about our company history please click here.
Do you provide a warranty on your work?
Yes. We provide a 1 year warranty on all of our labor and materials
What is the difference between Synthetic Stucco or EIFS and Real Stucco?
EIFS stands for Exterior Insulation Finish System. As the name states, these systems insulate your home from the outside rather than the traditional interior methods. The “Insulation” is actually Expanded PolyStyrene or Styrofoam board. This is what makes up the majority of the thickness of the wall in an EIFS system. A true Stucco system utilizes real cement to make up the basis of the wall. Thus the wall is harder and less likely to suffer damage from the neighborhood kids hitting it with a ball or someone running into it with the lawnmower/weed-whacker.
Stucco is also a breathable substance, meaning you won’t end up with water trapped behind the wall, rotting your sheathing and framing as in the all too common EIFS horror stories. Overall the finishes end up looking very similar, but you are certainly getting a superior product with real stucco.